About Johns Hopkins Emergency Alerts
The Johns Hopkins Emergency Alert System is powered by Rave Mobile Safety. Sign up is integrated within myProfile.
By default, you’re subscribed to receive notification to your Hopkins email account for your primary campus. If you’ve provided your cell phone number, you’ll also receive emergency alerts via text message notification.
How to Enroll
- To enroll in Johns Hopkins Emergency alerts, visit https://my.jh.edu and select myProfile. Beause the information contained within myProfile is sensitive in nature, you will be prompted to re-enter your password and supply a multi-factor authentication code.
- Once you’ve logged into myProfile, scroll down to the Cell Phone section. Enter your 10-digit cell phone number and select your mobile carrier from the dropdown list. NOTE: Rave Mobile Safety supports only US-based carriers at this time.
- You’ll then be challenged to validate your cell phone number. You will receive a code via text message to the number you’d provided. If you do not receive this within a minute or so, please verify you’re in an area with adequate cellular coverage and that the number and carrier provided in myProfile are correct. If your issue persists, contact the IT Help Desk.
- Near the bottom of the page, you’ll find a field called Primary Campus. You will receive emergency alerts for this campus. If you’d like to receive these for additional campuses, click the Receive Emergency Alerts link in the Cell Phone section. A popup will appear that will allow you to select additional campuses. You’ll also accept Terms of Service on this screen.
- To complete your enrollment, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save myProfile button.
For additional assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at (410) 955-HELP or (410) 516-HELP.