What is an email alias?
Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions faculty and staff generally receive emails using their JHED ID followed by @jhu.edu or @jhmi.edu. Email aliases are addresses that allow you to forward emails from one mail account to another. They are often used as a replacement for long or difficult to remember addresses.
How do I create an email alias?
To view and edit your email alias, complete the following:
1. Go to the myJH homepage at my.jh.edu and log in using your JHED Login ID and password.
2. Visit the Email Alias page.
3. Read the statement and click the I Accept This Policy button.
4. This page displays descriptions regarding your Hopkins Delivery Address and Email Alias.
5. To add an alias to your current email, enter a Custom Address and click the Update button.
6. Add additional alias in the fields below. Click Update when finished.
7. Verify confirmation that your update completed.